HIghlights from last week

I feel like I should write something.  My two, cousin readers, keep commenting and make it sound like I'm just going to keep writing and posting.  Pressure ..... only the kind that makes me feel loved and wanted.


It's always nice when friends win some money and decide to throw a party to celebrate.  The band was fun, the food was great, but this group of girlfriends, they mean the world to me, and they make me laugh a lot.  



Emma had a birthday in July and to celebrate she took her sister and a friend to Vertical Adventures last week.  And what do you know?  She's a little climber, this one.  She zipped to the top of every wall within minutes (that's her at the top).  Let's just say that there were tears and effort and considerably more time before the other two made it up.  If Emma wasn't the birthday girl, I would have been embarrassed and I would have told her to tone it down and 'play dumb'.  But since it was her day, I whooped it up and cheered like only a mom could do.




This my friends, is my basement corner.  This is where I drop all my school stuff when I drag it out of a classroom in summer.  This is where I drop all my scrapbooking stuff.  This is where I drop all my fabric and sewing supplies.  This is where my kids drop their puzzles and games when they've finished playing.  This is where my family drops any mending they think I should do.  This is our junk wall/corner/area.  It's just as messy on the other side (not pictured).  I spent a couple of days last week going through files and fabric and reorganizing and trying to get it all to fit on a shelf or in a closet.  I'm not done yet.  Let it be known that I'm very, very good at starting projects, but do not have the 'finish factor'.  What I really need is my cousin M or my friend E to whip me help me whenever I get sidetracked.  E actually tries to motivate me from afar.  When I told her I was in the middle of this project, I got an email:

"GET TO WORK YOU SLACKER!!!!!"
It's always good to have friends who know you.  Sometimes you wish they'd keep their opinions to themselves.



Look at these super cute girlies eating their Ethiopian food.  M and T made the most awesome Ethiopian food and we and our church friends got to eat it.  How lucky are we?

Other highlights from the past few weeks that do not come with photos:

-  I made some Mexican Street Corn.  YUM!!!  Make it.  That's all I have to say.  Make it.  If you do, invite me.
-  I also made some Corn Salsa that I will make again and again and again.  It was so, so yummy!
-  Just so you don't think every thing I make it yummy, I made some chicken skewers yesterday that I could not eat.  Gross.  The only redeeming factor was that Kalem liked them and he doesn't like much.  They were mushy and gross.  I am not very good at cooking meat.  I just don't understand how to do it well.
- Funny how my highlights are all about the food.  I'll share non-food related highlights another day.

For supper today:  Spaghetti Squash Lasagne and Garlic, Chard and Parmesan Bread and maybe some Mexican Street Corn, because I didn't get enough of it the other day. 

6 comments:

  1. You make me laugh too!!! and Ha! I laughed out-loud at the "E friend" comment. I'm glad I haven't asked her to be an accountability friend! :)

    Loved this post! And who cares if it's all about food. You enjoy it...it's a passion, embrace it and go with it...because next month could be all about sewing! :)

    And yes, it's me....Jacklyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, you make me laugh! "Next month it could me all about sewing ...."

    ReplyDelete
  3. well my dumping room is the guestroom and oh my it was the worst ever just before my niece came. Mostly what I did was move stuff into the room across the hall, my mother in law's space... and well feel awful about it because it looks like a dumped spot and not even "my space". Problem is I have no place to put the things, so once I find storage space or get my dear husband who has no time, to make me some, I will be organized once again.
    Starting is the worst, you are on your way....to a great organized space. Look fwd to the "after" photo.
    oh dear I am taking over your blog.... I need to have a regular conversation with you, sorry don't feel pressured, but your blogging is a good social interaction for me. Love to read you, would you mind if I added you on my blog on "list of blogs that I read", so that I can see when you post?
    I miss corn on the cob, not popular here, and if you find it it is wrapped in plastic, yuck!!! Corn is feed for the animals or for the biogas. Going to check out your spaghetti squash lasagne, yum!!! I don't think we have any on market yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm...Ethiopian Food. I really need to make some sometime soon again.

    Your girls are wayyy too cute!!

    And that recipe for Lasagna sounds delish. Must try it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the party idea! I tried rock climbing 2 yrs ago .. did it once .. and really liked it! Fun times!

    You can cook for me anytime! I am always searching for easy, but different meal ideas. You can keep blogging about whatever, cuz it still is interesting to me. :) Love that we keep connected.

    ReplyDelete