Highlights from last week



The hubsers went back to work last week.  In a new position.  He's really excited about this year. 


The girls just finished their swimming lessons and to celebrate all their hard work we always go out for a treat on the last day of lessons.  As of this year we have graduated from DQ ice cream to ice capps.  Wooooohoooooo for better taste!

  

While we were waiting for our special drink to be make he patted the red couch he was sitting on and said, "Wanna come sit beside me, Mom?"  Melt.  He's such a daddy's boy that for the most part I'm chopped liver.  I don't even get prayed for most nights anymore.  He only thanks God for his favourite people. 


New school year = new shoes.  He was very, very, very excited for the speed potential of these new runners.  He really wanted pokemon shoes.  I made sure I took him to a store that did not sell any pokemon shoes.  In the end, he got potential speed and I got shoes with no pokemon on them and we were both happy.  



Abby just finished a soccer camp with Challenger Sports.  Wow, are those coaches awesome!  What a great program.  She loved it, learned a lot and had the most amazing young, energetic, female, British soccer coach.  Lucky girl.  One of the homework assignments was to decorate your ball.  There could not be a better homework assignment for a girl who runs to her room, closes her door and makes things with every spare minute she has. 


We joined the Fruit Share program and went apple picking.  That's me, up in the tree trying to shake all the apples out.  I just wanted to see if I could do it.  And I could.  I was a little worried about the branches breaking though.  Thankfully they didn't.  Emma got a lot further up the tree than I did.  Can you see her?


4 comments:

  1. I like the week highlights so many good things happened this past week, start back to school and you even posted a weekly recap. great minds thinks alike I did the same thing, I think first time.
    Emma was hard to find but I found her.
    Soccer camp, new runners etcc.. all good.
    have a nice long weekend.
    notice we are both very good recently at posting and keeping up on our own and each other blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh dear forgot, I like the Mr. D. Martens, so official, good luck in the new job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for Dale!!! I'm proud of him! (like he cares, I know) I love the photos. The perspective is awesome .. although I still can't find Emma. It must be like finding Waldo, or is it Nemo .. well, either way, can't find her yet. :)
    I love your week. It is so normal and yet unique. Through your description I can glimpse pieces of you and Dale in your kids. Love that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic little glimpses! Favourite part. Your son patting the couch beside him for his mama to sit AND most of all the fact that he doesn't pray for you most days since he only prays for his favourite people! HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAAA!!!!

    ReplyDelete